Wuthering Heights 400 p. with Macaulay introduction?

JPetersonlhi at aol.com JPetersonlhi at aol.com
Sun Jan 23 17:02:46 EST 2005

In a message dated 1/23/2005 4:22:14 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
aa3401 at wayne.edu writes:
I'm trying to find out if there is a ML printing of Bronte's
WUTHERING HEIGHTS that combines the Rose Macaulay
introduction with the 400 p. typesetting that was first used
in 1946 for the Illustrated ML edition.

All of the copies I've seen with the Macaulay introduction
use the 390-page typesetting that dates from 1926 (the text
ends on p. 390).  I have a printing of this with a fall 1947
list at the end of the volume and a spring 1947 jacket.
I have a Wuthering Heights with the Maculay Intro and the 390 page version
that dates in the back of the book to Spring, 1950.  (James, Washington Square
but not Alcott, Little Women.)  The DJ for this book dates to fall, '48
(Dickenson but not Austen).  I'm guessing that the late date for this book indicates
that the answer to your question is probably "no".

John Peterson