OCLC Top 1000 Books in Libraries

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Sat Jan 22 14:51:49 EST 2005

At 1:59 PM -0500 1/22/05, John Krygier wrote:

>OCLC (a major library cataloging service) has listed the top 1000
>books, based on how many of their libraries own the titles.
>
>Quite a few ML titles are near the top of the list:
>
>http://www.oclc.org/research/top1000/complete.htm

I note with interest the placement of certain titles above others -
for example, Dante is higher than any Shakespeare title, and that
Mother Goose trumps 'em all (with the exception of the the census
report and the bible).

I also not that Shakespeare's works are listed separately as opposed
to as collections.

Finally, I note that none of the books that I penned are listed at
all! (Fools - obviously using faulty analysis methods. Calls the
whole system into question.)
--
      `\|||/                     Scot Kamins
       (@@)