SWANN'S WAY 59.2 FIRST JACKET ... B or b?

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Wed Jan 12 15:47:04 EST 2005

At 9:44 AM -0500 1/12/05, John wrote:
>I just obtained a FMLE of the above title.  It contains the FMLE 1928
>statement on the copyright page and the back of the jacket indicates 150
>books.  These are the markers noted the Henry's guide; however, the
>guide indicates the first DJ has a small Bernhard torchbearer but my
>jacket has a large Bernhard.

John,

It sounds like a first to me, and for my money you can in good
conscience call yours the gen-u-ine article. I'm convinced that no
"b" jacket exists for that title. (It's not included on Dogeared's
"Jackets Allegedly Missing" page.) I believe that the Guide is in
error.

All known DJs for Proust appear on Dogeared at:

http://www.dogeared.com/authors/pAuthors/proustJackets.html

--
      `\|||/                     Scot Kamins
       (@@)