Another late '60s anomaly binding

John Krygier jbkrygie at owu.edu
Mon Jan 3 21:31:53 EST 2005

Hi Modlib,

Awhile back I found a copy of Shaw's "Selected Short Stories"
with a peculiar mix of binding style 10 - the spine (early
1960s) & 14 - the front (late 1960s):

http://go.owu.edu/~jbkrygie/ml_shaw/ml_shaw.html

I just found another binding like this, on a copy of Hardy's
"Mayor of Casterbridge" (17.2).

http://makingmaps.owu.edu/modernlibrary/hardymayor.jpg

The book is in the tall, late '60s binding with the redesigned
dust jacket.  Curious if anyone else has this particular edition,
and if it has the odd binding.  I think Gordon said these were
post 1970 printings.

Also, I found a binding 14 tall version of Capote's "Selected
Writings."  The DJ is a minor variant, with the stylized ML,
not at dogeared, so I sent it along to Scot.  For the Guide,
then, there should be an "=" in the 67 column for this title.

John K.