The Speed of the Net

John Krygier jbkrygier at owu.edu
Tue Feb 22 13:08:37 EST 2005

On Feb 22, 2005, at 9:34 AM, Readingstore at aol.com wrote:

> had four first editions of Modern Library Hunter S. Thompson in stock
> this morning,all four sold...

> All my Hunter Thompson hardcovers sold yesterday.

Why do people do this?  If they think the books are
going to be more valuable because he is dead, that
is rather base.  Or do people just have the innate
desire to read the writings of the freshly departed?

Whatever it is, I seem to be missing the gene.

john k.

--
j   b   k r y g i e r

a s s o c i a t e   p r o f e s s o r   o f   g e o g r a p h y
o h i o   w e s l e y a n   u n i v e r s i t y
g e o l o g y   a n d   g e o g r a p h y
d e l a w a r e   o h   4 3 0 1 5

pho  740 368 3622   |   fax  740 368 3999

jbkrygier at owu.edu   |   http://www.owu.edu/~jbkrygie/