Why Is It?

JOSEPH HILL GOODBOOKS at webtv.net
Tue Feb 22 12:35:27 EST 2005

Today a Fine copy of,Scribners Presents The Modern In First Edition,is
closing on ebay @ $20.00 with no bids on the book. The Modern Library
Price Guide lists the book at $75.00. I have had  a copy on ABE for
years and can't sell the book.,does everyone have a copy?
Here you have a case of one publishing house ,in 1938,advertising the
books of its competitor,this would be insane in todays world!  The
printing of both publishers logos on the title page,makes the book a
collectable. Why we have no demand for this title...I don't understand.

SPECIALIZE IN MODERN LIBRARY
FOLIO SOCIETY OF LONDON
LOEB CLASSICAL LIBRARY
EVERYMAN'S  LIBRARY