On The Passing OF Artthur MIller

Ronald Thoman rgthoman at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 16 10:43:58 EST 2005

Regarding this fun and classy exchange, and sort of relevent to Valentines
Day and authors and all that, let us recall that in BREAKFAST AT TIFFANYS,
when her brother Fred got killed, Holly Golightly, in "keen sudden
un-Holly-like enthusiasm" bought a complete set of Modern Library books as
part of her "several un-Holly-like purchases."  That's documented on p.76
of the 1994 ML edition of B at Ts.

That would be, presumably a set from 1958 or before, since that's when the
book was published.

Now I wonder what that complete set would have cost, and more importantly,
I wonder whatever happened to it?  Anyone seen it on EBay?  That would be
something.

Ron Thoman