On The Passing OF Artthur MIller

John Krygier jbkrygier at owu.edu
Sun Feb 13 15:48:42 EST 2005

On Feb 13, 2005, at 2:33 PM, John Krygier wrote:

> Richard Burton allegedly acquired an entire set of Everyman's Library
> books for Liz Taylor when they wed.  I actually saw one of the books
> for
> sale on ABE or some similar site: it was rebound in cheezy red leather.
>
> As the ML had just under 400 titles, and the EL nearing 1000, I am
> assuming Mrs. Burton was more intellectually deficient than Mrs.
> Miller.

I have been informed of a colossal error: the Everyman's books were
bought by Liz Taylor for Richard Burton, and rebound in pink suede.
Thanks to Terry Seymour for this info.

I am sorry to have besmirched the intellect of Liz Taylor.  I am happy
to, instead, besmirch her taste in book bindings.

John K.