On The Passing OF Artthur MIller

John Krygier jbkrygier at owu.edu
Sun Feb 13 14:33:22 EST 2005

On Feb 12, 2005, at 11:46 AM, JOSEPH HILL wrote:

> Who was it that told me or,where did  I read that he bought a complete
> set of the Modern LIbrary for Marilyn  Monroe,to improve her mind?

Richard Burton allegedly acquired an entire set of Everyman's Library
books for Liz Taylor when they wed.  I actually saw one of the books for
sale on ABE or some similar site: it was rebound in cheezy red leather.

As the ML had just under 400 titles, and the EL nearing 1000, I am
assuming Mrs. Burton was more intellectually deficient than Mrs. Miller.

john k.