On The Passing OF Artthur MIller

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Sat Feb 12 12:17:58 EST 2005

At 8:46 AM -0800 2/12/05, JOSEPH HILL wrote:
>Who was it that told me or,where did  I read that he bought a complete
>set of the Modern LIbrary for Marilyn  Monroe,to improve her mind?

The way I heard it, she said she intended to read every book in the
Modern Library so that she could educate herself. I can't remember if
somebody bought the set for her, or if she bought it herself.

I just tried to find more info about this on the web, but I'm coming up empty.

"Happy Birthday, Mr. President."

--
  Scot Kamins, FCB-0

Have you joined Dogeared yet?  Gain access to over 1600 dust jacket
images and information about over 800 book titles & more than 400
authors, plus methods you won't find anywhere else for identifying ML
first editions. Check out
http://www.dogeared.com/General/howToSubscribe.html and kick in your
fair share.