Unreported Beardsley DJ on eBay

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Sun Feb 6 16:29:07 EST 2005

Folks,

While trolling eBay I found an auction item of interest:

http://babyurl.com/ljTGKh

Compare the dust jacket to those on Dogeared:

http://babyurl.com/5wKVC0

Note that the title band is the earlier Boni-Liveright type, all on
one line. But the second line of the title and the DJ blurb mimic the
later Modern Library type. The seller notes that the piece is from
1925 and represents a very early ML Inc. printing - and comparisons
to the styles we know about back up her contention. So we have a nice
example of a BL to ML Inc. transition type.

I've swiped the image and will be processing it for addition to the
Beardsley page soon. This will make four DJs for this title from 1919
to 1930. I wonder if there's a "small b" type from 1927 floating
around?

--
  Scot Kamins, FCB-0

Have you joined Dogeared yet?  Gain access to over 1600 dust jacket
images and information about over 800 book titles & more than 400
authors, plus methods you won't find anywhere else for identifying ML
first editions. Check out
http://www.dogeared.com/General/howToSubscribe.html and kick in your
fair share.