G8 or G9?

John jwol at fast.net
Tue Dec 27 18:23:49 EST 2005

I have a copy, too.  When I inventoried it, I noted the DJ with a ?! because
the title and picture on the front are also on the back!  My copy is a G9
cover and the copyright page states 1982.  I didn't notice the dating
discrepancy between cover and copyright page date until you brought it up.
I believe I read somewhere the jacket is a recreation of the 1930 Random
House issue of Moby Dick, with the addition of "Moby Dick" at the bottom of
the jacket spine.  I have seen copies of this jacket on older non-ML books
at book fairs, usually with a higher price.  I also recollect reading in
Toledano the book was paper over cardboard and was described as rust.
Someone please correct me if mistaken.

My copy has a $10.95 original jacket price and on the back of the jacket
394-60804-6.  What price does yours have?

Scott, any interest in a pic of this somewhat unique ML item even though it
is a 1980 issue?

John Wolansky