Clarification needed on Caldwell "God's Little Acre" variations

John jwol at fast.net
Mon Dec 26 20:05:41 EST 2005

Scott, I can offer the following:

One of my copies has the fall 1961 lists at the end and excludes both the
forward and the appendix.  I just noted the jacket w 379 titles dates to
1957.

Another copy has both the appendix and the forward.  The list of regular
titles at the end dates to spring of 1955.  Jacket has 371 titles, dating it
to fall 1954.

Titled "Appendix to the Fifth Printing", it discusses and includes the court
dismissal of a charge against Viking Press that the book was pornographic.
The appendix runs seven pages.

John Wolansky