Beginner surprise.

Madaline Reddy mac-reddy at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 25 19:00:32 EST 2005

I began to examine my collection today.

 My copy of Tess of the d'Urbervilles has an unusual
spine, unusual endpapers, no logo, but is leatherette.

The spine of Tess has 5 leaves in a vertical row
pointing up, 4 leaves to the left and 4 leaves to the
right of said leaves.The endpapers have several
interlocking pairs of letter Cs. Of course, the left C
is backwards. The book has no dust jacket.  I realize
that this is NOT an ML, but sure seems like one of the
older ones. I see that Collins published it but it
sure had me fooled!

Happy Holidays!

Madaline