Buckrams (again)

Cottonwood Books cottonwoodbooks at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 21 12:53:19 EST 2005

These pockets were in the back, which would be too strange (to me at least) to have a bookplate back there.  If they (Previous Owner) don't scar up the endpapers, I can usually "shave" off the glue and paper bits for a fairly clean result, leaving only shiny trails where the glue used to be.  Although, I certainly have a little pack of tasteful "sticker" Ex Libris (Ex Librii?) for those books that have had bookplates ripped out and now feature a perfect bookplate-shaped scar.  *Sheesh*

  blc

Scot Kamins <kamins at dogeared.com> wrote:

On Dec 21, 2005, at 5:15 AM, J B Krygier wrote:

>> It left glue and pocket scraps behind, but these are easily
>> diminished with a very sharp paring knife and a lot of patience.
>> I like cleaning up my books.

I handle unsightly pocket scrapes by covering them with a tasteful
ownership book plate.

Scot Kamins
-----
"...the louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our
spoons.." -- Emerson

http://mail.yahoo.com