Buckrams (again)

Cottonwood Books cottonwoodbooks at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 21 06:15:49 EST 2005

All,
       Scored a handful of buckram regulars this week, including the unsighted 72.3, Hardy's T of the D in gray.  All four are the "type 1" spine w/ blackened box and "Buckram Reinforced" at the tail.  All are ex-library copies from the same highschool, and I thought it was interesting to find "Random,  4/67,  $2.39" written in the gutter of all the title pages, as librarians do.  So, I guess they cost $2.39 from Random House in April 1967.  I've never seen a price attributed to buckrams.  The three with catalogs dated to '64-'66.  The other titles, were Dostoyevsky's Brothers K (red) and Maugham's Moon and Sixpence (Burgundy) and Human Suffering (Dark Green).

  benj clark

http://mail.yahoo.com