1940 spine #8

modlib at alltel.net modlib at alltel.net
Tue Dec 20 18:11:06 EST 2005

> I am curious as to whether anyone has seen any of the following books in
> spine #8.  In Henry's book, the last year of publication is listed as
> 1940, even 1941, but there is a blank in the H_C column. I seem to
> recall seeing a #8 42nd Parallel recently on ebay.

I have always considered that 'end' year as the year that a new title took the number; not the last year of publication (when using publication to mean printing).  I have noted cases where there existed only a first edition, and the 'end' year was always the year that a new title showed up at that number.

ron