BUKRAMS IN MULTIPLE COLORS, I HAVE BUCKRAM COPIES OF DISRAELI, 46.2 ...

John jwol at fast.net
Tue Dec 20 16:50:59 EST 2005

Scott,

The bindings are the same; however, with your inquiry, I referred to my
always at my side copy of Gordon Neavill's Modern Library Dating Key and
discovered the following:

The blue book has a list of Giants at the end which includes G97, Balzac but
excludes G98 Hershey, dating it to Spring 1967.

The red (or is it orange?) copy has a list of regular books at the end which
includes 338, Ellison, and excludes 317, Malamud dating it to Fall 1963.  I
find it interesting that the list includes the 1963 Ellison but not the 1961
Malamud.

Another small difference is on the the red book (1967) has the copyright
info at the bottom of the page and refers to distribution in Canada by
Random House of Canada Limited, Toronto while the blue book (1961) has the
information at the top of the page with no reference to Canada and has the
Random House block with the house on top with the publisher's info at the
bottom of the page.

John Wolansky

> .. in both blue and orange (could be red, I have color issues)..
>
> John Wolansky

John,

Are the binding styles of the two buckrams the same?