Buckram Questions

Cottonwood Books cottonwoodbooks at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 17 21:55:45 EST 2005

YIKES!  The link was broken from a year (or so ago) in the archives.  I wondered what the hubub was.  Yowza.  I've never seen that before, but my buckram experience is limited.

  Joe Hill,
     So, you have seen the same title in multiple colors of buckram?  Like I said, my buckram experience is limited.

  blc

J B Krygier <jbkrygier at owu.edu> wrote:

On Dec 17, 2005, at 9:18 PM, JPetersonlhi at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/17/2005 8:59:10 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
> cottonwoodbooks at yahoo.com writes:
> Has it ever been decided whether buckram titles came in more than
> one color or not? I read in the archives, according to Henry, that
> they came in red, brown, blue, green and gray, with gray being the
> rarest. Not that I'm doubting Henry, but does this still hold up?

> I don't have any one title in two different colors, but of the 15
> or so that I have, there are two different shades of brown (one
> reddish), one green, one grey, and the rest blue.
>
> John Peterson

I must share an image of my alarming green buckram of The French
Revolution
(I think I shared this a year or two ago):

http://makingmaps.owu.edu/carlyle.jpg

I am assuming this is not the green binding used on most buckrams.

John K.

http://mail.yahoo.com