1917 Modern Library (Boni) H G Wells ~ WAR IN THE AIR

Toby G Levy tobylevy at juno.com
Mon Aug 15 18:00:37 EDT 2005

I thought I died and went to heaven when I finally found my copy.  And
I've forgotten whether I got it in a book store or on line.  The $25
price tag is still pencilled in, which leads me to believe I got it at a
book store.

My copy is a little different from the one cited below.  Instead of the
sentence "with new preface to reprint edition" found below the author's
name, mine says "with Illustrations by Eric Pape."  Does that make mine a
first edition? There is no preface at all in mine.

No dj for mine, either.

The book is a great read, full of gigantic flights of imagination one
would expect from the writer of  "The War of the Worlds" and "the Time
Machine."  The premise is that as soon as mankind takes war into the
skies, then the entire human race will likely perish!

Toby