ML in the Movies

J B Krygier jbkrygier at owu.edu
Mon Aug 8 08:42:47 EDT 2005

Hi all,

While watching "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" (the latest
Wes Anderson film) on cable last night, I spotted the 6 vol. ML
Proust set, all in DJs, probably from the late 1940s or early
1950s.  The books are being read by the character played by
Cate Blanchett, to her unborn child.  Upon announcing this to
my wife I got a look from her... well you can imagine.  I also
pointed out that they should put dust jacket covers on the books.
That got a sofa pillow tossed at me.

Also found a blog that mentions this sighting - the blogger seems
to be a ML collector (one of you out there?) and mentions Dogeared:

	http://www.foldedspace.org/archives/004441.html

Maybe Scot needs to start a ML blog!

john k.