How to identify first of Kafka's The Castle (388.1)?

GORDON NEAVILL aa3401 at wayne.edu
Sat Apr 30 17:26:15 EDT 2005

First of all, the title page is found with two different
torchbearers -- the first is similar to the torchbearer on
binding 12 in Henry's Price Guide, the later is the Fujita
torchbearer similar to that on binding 13, except the flame
doesn't extend over the figure's head.

To the best of my knowledge all 1969-70 first printings were
published with the Fujita endpaper introduced in 1967.  I
believe the white endpaper is later.

Kafka's The Castle was published in February 1969 at $2.45.
That's the price shown on the jacket if you have a copy that
hasn't been price clipped.

Barry Neavill