A Few Minor Modern Library Morsels

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Wed Apr 27 00:23:03 EDT 2005

On Apr 26, 2005, at 7:49 PM, Matthew Buckingham wrote:

> and the Onion (2nd photo); this could be about me but I don't wear
> glasses:
>
> http://onion.com/news/index.php?issue=4117&n=3

... in which the subject's wife says ""His love of literature is
inspirational," said Anne, whose own reading "runs to magazines." "Just
the other day, out of nowhere, he said we were like a modern-day
Catherine and Heathcliff. I think starting all those books has made
Malcolm a real romantic."

Yeah, right. He says he likes nothing better than "cracking the spine"
of a new book. Maybe Heathcliff would feel more romantic if we buried
him beneath the moore.
- Scot Kamins