Title count on 1st of G67.1?

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Mon Apr 11 17:43:59 EDT 2005

Folks,

A Dogeared member wrote and asked this:

"[G]67.1, the once-controversial Anthology of English/American
Poetry. The Guide lists the DJ first as #307.. That's the one w/o
Pound. My copy of that book is a reprint -- not a stated first -- but
the DJ number is 306. It's also w/o Pound. Did a jacket subsequent to
the one appropriate for the first have a number lower than its
predecessor?"

I suggested the following possibilities:

(1) He encountered a Guide error - the first DJ is NOT 307
(2) His 306  DJ is perhaps a first; and
(3) the book is a later printing (no catalog in back)

Comments?
--
  Scot Kamins, FCB-0

Have you joined Dogeared yet?  Gain access to over 1600 dust jacket
images and information about over 800 book titles & more than 400
authors, plus methods you won't find anywhere else for identifying ML
first editions. Check out
http://www.dogeared.com/General/howToSubscribe.html and kick in your
fair share.