Rockwell Kent Shakespeare

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Thu Oct 28 14:31:07 EDT 2004

At 2:15 PM -0400 10/28/04, Matthew Lawrence wrote:
>Here is a question for you folks on an overlapping ML subject:
>
>I am about to buy a 1930s cottage here in south Georgia and it has a great
>wet bar.  I want to hang some period prints around the bar.  I can get my
>hands on a good condition Shakespeare's complete works illustrated by
>Rockwell Kent for about $20.00.  I cannot find anything on the value or
>rarity of same.  Do I take it apart and frame the illustrations or put it on
>the shelf next to my Rockwell Kent Chaucer?  Thanks for you insight>

I'm against "breaking books" on principle. (For book collecting
newbies, to "break a book" is to take an otherwise intact book and
break it apart for the purpose of separating out the illustrations.)
Perhaps you can find a junk version someplace and rescue the
illustrations from it. This, of course, is a matter of personal
ethics.

--
Scot Kamins, FCB-0

Have you joined Dogeared yet?  Only 20% of ListServ members have!!!
Check out http://www.dogeared.com/General/howToSubscribe.html