Doyle/Sherlock Holmes #206

Printmat at aol.com Printmat at aol.com
Thu Oct 14 12:50:42 EDT 2004

The first ML edition of Sherlock came out in 1946, and says so on the
copyright page. The "1921"  is the just the copyright date for the collection of
stories, not for the ML edition. The indented ML on the cover sounds like it's a
1960s reprint, which would, of course, have maintained the 1921 historical
copyright date. With no jacket, it might be worth three or four dollars to you as
a good entertaining read, but it certainly wouldn't be classed as a
collectible. The ML number isn't in the book.

best,
Bob Riedel