Doyle/Sherlock Holmes #206

samara.networks at att.net samara.networks at att.net
Thu Oct 14 12:17:53 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am new to collecting ML editions; as well as to this group.

I was looking at an image of a copy of The Adventures and Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes for sale.  It does not have a DJ.  The claim is it was published in 1921, which is consistant with ML.  The image shows the cover, which is plain except for what looks like an indented "ml".  Is this correct for the Modern Library issue?

The book looks fairly worn; it may not even be worth acquiring.

Also, does the book number (i.e. 206 in this case) only show up on the DJ, or is it printed inside as well?  I only have one in my collection so far (need to start at one... right?) and the # seems to be on the DJ spine only.

thanks,
ron