Milton from Portland

John Krygier jbkrygie at owu.edu
Sun Oct 10 17:58:50 EDT 2004

Hi All,

Just got back from a conference in Portland Maine.  Spent much
of yesterday browsing through four decently-stocked used bookstores.
Book Traders, Cunninghams, Carlson Turner and particularly Yes Books
(the most quirky and interesting of the lot) all had some nice MLs in
DJ (including some less common titles).

I did find a copy of Milton's 'Complete Poetry and Selected Prose'
(132.3)
in a late 60s binding (14) and redesigned DJ.  The DJ has Milton's name
in gothic type, with an illuminated manuscript-like design around the
'M'.
I guess I would call it a P dust jacket.  This particular Dj variant is
not noted in the Toledano Guide (it only lists the earlier T Dj).

John K.