What of that question about the colophon?

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Fri Oct 8 14:50:06 EDT 2004

Folks,

Yesterday (I think) a new collector wrote about the Running
Torchbearer colophon, asking as to its history and presence on ML
titles. Actually, that collector joined the list and presented the
question at my urging. I told him he was bound to get reat answers.

You're all making me look bad!!!  Help me save face and respond to
his query. Here it is again:

I'm new (brand new) to ML collecting. I've been buying books for more
than 20 years for my own pleasure. Many I still have. I've just
become interested in collecting Modern 1st edition. What is the
significance of the ML logo?   What difference does it make whether
or not it is on a book or not?  Why does it ad to value?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

"Bookeee"

Price lists for ML Firsts available at http://www.dogeared.com