buying and selling

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Wed Jul 21 11:02:39 EDT 2004

>As for me,I plan to leave my collection to one of my daughters,with
>instructions to put them on ebay one at a time.

[:: sigh ::] There goes MY fantasy.  :-D

"[Books of great authors] are regarded as part of the necessary
furniture of the house -- not of the mind; and having been duly and
dutifully bought they are taught to know their place on the appointed
shelf. They are taken as read. . . . There are few men now who, when
a new book is published, read an old one."
                        - anonymous 19th century cynic