buying and selling

JOSEPH HILL GOODBOOKS at webtv.net
Wed Jul 21 10:48:40 EDT 2004

One would reason,the more gold you would receive in selling a
collection,the more the buying party would value it therefore the true
gain for you is in the stewardship.
As for leaving it to a public institution,stamped-up,filed away,long
forgotten,parts put in a display case once every few years,I think not.
I was employed in a library for thirty-eight years (the stories I could
tell you),you would be better served in making yourself a fire on a cold
night with the books.
As for me,I plan to leave my collection to one of my daughters,with
instructions to put them on ebay one at a time.

SPECIALIZE IN MODERN LIBRARY
FOLIO SOCIETY OF LONDON
LOEB CLASSICAL LIBRARY
EVERYMAN'S  LIBRARY