Question

j b krygier jbkrygie at owu.edu
Mon Feb 9 13:53:45 EST 2004

JOSEPH HILL wrote:

> Anyone know the name of the guy on "The Where is Waldo DJ?"
> (The most knowledgeable  collectors have let me down on this one)

It has to be the Massachusetts-area Reverend Ralph Emerson (1787-1863),
who was sort of a contemporary of Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882).

He has a dozen or so sermons and other religious publications
that show up in the OhioLink database I have access to, including
jems like this:

"Faith, the guide and support of the believer. A sermon, delivered
at Norfolk, September 30, 1829, at the funeral of Mrs. Elizabeth
Robbins, relict of Rev. Ammi Robbins," by Ralph Emerson,
P. Canfield. 1829.

I found several sites on the WWW which mistakenly append his dates
to Ralph Waldo Emerson, so others, besides the ML, have mixed these
two chaps up.

John K

--
j   b   k r y g i e r

g e o l o g y  a n d  g e o g r a p h y
d e l a w a r e  o h  4 3 0 1 5

pho  740 368 3622   |   fax  740 368 3999

jbkrygie at owu.edu   |   http://www.owu.edu/~jbkrygie/