ML titles from the 50's and 60's

BFisher928 at aol.com BFisher928 at aol.com
Sun Feb 8 18:52:27 EST 2004

I signed up for modlib a couple of months ago and have been 'lurking' ever
since.
I'm a dedicated reader (history, natural history and fiction, esp. scifi and
mysteries)
who has kept the books, but don't consider myself a collector. My wife would
likely dispute that last statement!
I signed up on modlib seeking information about a small group of ML titles
given to me by my mother back in the 50's and 60's when I was going to school.
In an effort to scale down the size my library, I considered throwing them out
(the very thought pained me) or giving them to a local library sale. But then
I thought: somebody might collect them/want them. And thus to modlib.
But after reading the postings over the last couple of months, I'm now of the
opinion that this small group of books has very little value - no dust
jackets and they're not old enough? So I write this message, which I think is within
the rules? If not, I apologize! Would someone on modlib be interested in
seeing the title's list and see what you think. Frankly, I'm perfectly willing to
send them off to one of you modlibers, just for the cost of shipping, if, as I
suspect is true, they don't have any significant value. Though I know roughly
when they were given to me, I'm not even sure where to look to determine
printing date on some of the volumes as there's nothing anywhere I can see on the
endpapers.

Regards
Bob Fisher