New Features for Dogeared Members

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Fri Dec 31 13:12:02 EST 2004

At 9:18 AM -0500 12/31/04, John Krygier wrote:
>On Dec 30, 2004, at 11:19 AM, Ronald Thoman wrote:
>
>>  As to author bio and book content/review links priorities, I would suggest
>>  that we do the more obscure authors/books first since it is often harder to
>>  find information on them than it is on the more well known authors.  For
>>  example, W. L. George and "Bed of Roses", 75.1.
>
>This example raises the shocking point that the internet
>is not always the best source of information, and sometimes
>actual books have to be consulted!

Well, I have to admit (grudgingly)that I can find nothing about this
guy on the Web. There are a few of his mildly amusing quotes here and
there about war and cats and some damning comments about his literary
- er - shortcomings by George Orwell, but that's it.

I'm finding this to be the case for fewer than 5% of the authors
researched thus far.

--
      `\|||/                     Scot Kamins
       (@@)