New Features for Dogeared Members

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Wed Dec 22 21:47:44 EST 2004

Two new features are being added to the Members Only section of
Dogeared. You access the features by clicking the proper icon on the
dust jacket page of a particular author or title. Both projects are
new and in process and will take several weeks to complete the first
pass.

The Bio Project: Icon links to a web-based author biography, when
possible at a site specializing in that author.

The Contents Project: Icon links to the web-based content of a book,
usually the complete text, sometimes with graphics and/or ancillary
information. One of two  icons may appear, one providing a direct
link, and one opening a Table of Contents window with a list of
links.  For details about The Contents Project, go here:
http://dogeared.com/Identifiers/fullTextLinkCriteria.html

To see the new icons, members go here and scroll to "Access to Information":
http://dogeared.com/Identifiers/djAuthors.html

Only a couple of bios are linked at the moment. If you have an author
you're interested in, let me know and I'll work on that author's bio
link quickly.

Lots of titles have been linked to their text content - I've
completed a first pass on authors A through G (no short stories
collections yet and only a few plays collections so far - these will
wait for The Second Pass). Again, if you have a particular title
whose contents you'd like to see, let me know and I'll do that one
quickly.

I've also added a couple of "Easter eggs" to the Home page: Click the
logo to the left of "Collecting the Modern Library" to go directly to
the Author index; click the logo to the right to go directly to the
Regular Titles index.

--
  Scot Kamins, FCB-0

Have you joined Dogeared yet?  Gain access to over 1600 dust jacket
images and information about over 800 book titles & more than 400
authors, plus methods you won't find anywhere else for identifying ML
first editions. Check out
http://www.dogeared.com/General/howToSubscribe.html and kick in your
fair share.