Dogeared nearing milestone

GORDON NEAVILL aa3401 at wayne.edu
Sun Dec 19 17:24:30 EST 2004

There are three variants of the yellow LONG VOYAGE HOME
jacket with the Georges Schreiber painting: (1) fall 1940
listing two plays and with statement about the John Ford
motion picture, as shown in Dogeared; (2) spring 1944,
listing two plays only with "etc." and statement about the
John Ford motion picture omitted; (3) spring 1945 listing
all seven plays.  I have the first and third; I'll scan a
copy of (3) when I fight myself clear of the stack of term
papers and final exams I'm currently buried under.

I don't have (2); I assume the intention here was to add the
titles of all seven plays, but somehow the additions weren't
made and the jacket was printed without them.  I have a b&w
photocopy of (2) which I made--I think--from a copy in the
Random House corporate library.  If anyone has a copy of
this it would be a nice addition to Dogeared.

Barry