Dogeared nearing milestone

John Krygier jbkrygie at owu.edu
Sun Dec 19 15:33:36 EST 2004

On Dec 19, 2004, at 12:52 PM, Scot Kamins wrote:

> Because of John Krygier's careful research

well, maybe a bit on the shoddy side of careful.

> John writes to tell me that these are missing for certain:
>
> Great German Short Stories: missing the late 60s DJ shown in the Guide
> on p. 181.
>
> Kafka: Dogeared is actually missing the late 60s redesigned DJ for
> this title.
>
> Shakespeare: the one volume Histories/Poems & one volume Tragedies are
> missing.

these are the pictorial (P) DJs on the single volume Shakespeares
(they look like the later DJs, when Shakespeare was divided into 6
volumes).

> And of course there's the 60's text Absalom Faulkner piece.
>
> There may also be a missing Gide, an O'Neil, a swift, and a Thoreau

I believe the Gide P dj for 187.1 (Counterfeiters, without the Journal)
is an error, and there is only the T dj for this title.

The O'Neill here is 'The Long Voyage Home' (111.2) - the Guide lists
three (!) P djs and one T dj.  I think the two P djs and one T at
dogeared are all there are, unless someone knows otherwise.

I think the Swift is a Guide typo also: I think the T for 100.3
should be an = (100.2 and 100.3 both had the same T dj, and a
revised P dj was added later.

I think the Thoreau Walden entry in the Guide has a minor typo: the
Guide indicates a different P dj for 1950-67 but I think the DJ
design was the same from 1937-67.

Crazy!  So, yeah, maybe 5 HC djs left to go, and three of those should
be
easy...

jk