Dogeared nearing milestone

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Sun Dec 19 12:52:49 EST 2004

Folks,

Because of John Krygier's careful research on hardback DJs, I've been
able to eliminate around a half-dozen from the list as being
non-existent. That leaves only another half-dozen or so that are
missing. Once we have these, we can be (nearly) certain that we have
all the hardback DJs from 1939-1970. This would be quite the the
accomplishment!

John writes to tell me that these are missing for certain:

Great German Short Stories: missing the late 60s DJ shown in the
Guide on p. 181.

Kafka: Dogeared is actually missing the late 60s redesigned DJ for this title.

Shakespeare: the one volume Histories/Poems & one volume Tragedies are missing.

And of course there's the 60's text Absalom Faulkner piece.

There may also be a missing Gide, an O'Neil, a swift, and a Thoreau

We're so close - if you have any of these, please let me know, It
would also be helpful if you can say for certain that the "may also
be missing" pieces exist or do not exist.

Thanks, and a Happy Festivus to all!!

--
  Scot Kamins, FCB-0

Have you joined Dogeared yet?  Gain access to over 1600 dust jacket
images and information about over 800 book titles & more than 400
authors, plus methods you won't find anywhere else for identifying ML
first editions. Check out
http://www.dogeared.com/General/howToSubscribe.html and kick in your
fair share.