Fwd: Re: Designations for spine #9 + "blindstamped"

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Wed Dec 15 15:58:31 EST 2004

>>At 3:05 PM -0500 12/15/04, "Barnaby Rudge Booksellers - ABAA" wrote:
>>

>>  Thanks,

Well, let's see: First you say:

>blindstamping or blindtooling is "the use of heated
>tools to impress a design on the cover of a book
>without the use = of gold, ink, or foil"
>That is why it is called "blind".

That would seem to match other opinions already expressed. But then you say:

>If a design is embossed or de-embossed it can
>have color but can also be blind.

So now we need two more definitions - one for "embossed" and one for
"de-embossed." By "embossed" I assume you mean "raised" which is not
the case here. But I have no idea what "de-embossed" means.

--
      `\|||/                     Scot Kamins
       (@@)