DJ Blurb Feature To Include Flap Blurbs

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Sun Dec 5 14:31:17 EST 2004

Folks,

Mark Suchanek (Dogeared member FES-6)was kind enough to answer my
call for ToCs and DJ blurbs by sending material for Dahl's Selected
Stories.

The interesting thing here is that Mark sent the blurb from the front
flap. When blurbs stopped appearing on the DJ front panel, they
migrated elsewhere - most commonly to the flaps.

When I started the Blurb feature, for some reason I hadn't considered
including anything except what appeared on the front panel; and I
included that material only when the text was too hard to read from
the small and often indistinct database image. Mark's contribution
got me thinking about that. My purpose in including the blurbs was to
show how book marketing worked in the early days; but I think another
valid reason is to give some insight into what the book might hold
for those collectors who collect for content as well as/instead of
for completeness, style, and so on.

Henceforth the DJ Blurb feature will include blurbs from anywhere on
the dust jacket as folks send them in.
--
      `\|||/                     Scot Kamins
       (@@)