Absalom, Absalom #271

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Sat Dec 4 20:30:05 EST 2004

At 6:15 PM -0500 12/4/04, JPetersonlhi at aol.com wrote:
>  Can it be that of the ten or so Faulkner ML regular
>  volumes this is the only one that does not come in
>  the minimalist white "text" DJ?

I had the same thought. They completed the uniform look in the Proust
set, and it looks pretty good. I'm surprised that they didn't market
Christmas sets of both the complete Proust and the complete
Faulkner(as such).

By the way, I can think of only three cases where a series of DJs
like this were produced, the third being the 30's philosophy series
using the Ugly Goddess. (There was also that start on the very pretty
1930's Proust series which gave way to the newer series in the
Blumenthal.)

--
      `\|||/                     Scot Kamins
       (@@)