Dubliners

Sharon Biederman sbiederm at nova.umuc.edu
Sun Apr 25 19:19:05 EDT 2004

Scot,

   Which ebay rules do you mean?   I have often written to sellers about
an incorrect listing and this is certainly not discouraged by ebay; in
fact, they recommend discussing the listing with the seller if there is a
question.   I looked at the ebay listing for Dubliners that Joe mentioned
and there is a significant error in it.

   On the other hand, if the book had been described correctly and I wrote
to the BIDDER saying he/she was overpaying for the book, it certainly
would be against policies and an unethical business practice as well.
The question is especially tricky when the person who feels too high a
price was paid is another seller.  Having just sold a balloon cloth copy
in DJ of Dubliners for considerably less, I'm quite sure the unjacketed
hardback reprint was overpriced, but it is truly not my business.
It's not the price that should be in question; it's the inaccurate
information the buyer was given to determine what the price should be.

                        Sharon