PHILADELPHIA ANTIQUARIAN BOOK FAIR THIS SATURDAY ...

John Wolansky jwol at fast.net
Mon Sep 22 17:23:48 EDT 2003

Dear Mr. Menkin:

Following are the books on your want list that I can offer you:

21.2 Turgenev Fathers and Sons 8Di 1957 vg/vg; 1" water mark on bottom of
book spine, DJ has hint of spine fade and slightest bit of chips or
crinkling around corners.  Not a bad copy.  $7.50

54.1 Ibsen Wild Duck, Rosmersholm, etc. 4C 1925/29 about vg; slight wear at
top and bottom of spine and front edge.  Gilt not brilliant but not bad.
$6.00

41.1 Rodin 4C 1925/29 about vg;  slight wear at top and bottom of spine and
front edge.  Gilt not brilliant but not bad.  Hint waves on covers.  I have
another copy with a dust jacket (not for sale) which is much thinner.
While the prints on both are on treated paper, this copy seems to be of a
higher grade and has clearer prints.  $15.00

108.1 Paine Selections 4C 1925/29 vg; really bright guilt, a really nice
copy.  Better than the FMLE I am keeping.  $10.00

44.1 Irish Fairy Tales 4C 1925/29 g+; bit of wear at top & bottom spine and
corners, cover has what appears to be, for lack of a better description,
slight cracks. But they are not really cracks.  $9.00

I will charge actual shipping plus $.50 for delivery confirmation.

I purchased a new PC a month ago, but have not had time to configure it.  I
expect to have it configured and purchase a scanner before year end.  If
you prefer, you can wait until I have the scanner, and I can send you
scans.

I am curious, what is your collection philosophy?  Are you trying to
collect one of every title in each jacket or cover issued?  I have other
titles you lack, but not in the cover you want.  How large is your
collection and how long have you been at it?

By the way, I visited a fellow named John Kleasy in Southington, CT last
year.  He asked if I knew you but I did not know your name at that time.
He does have a ton of ML for sale or swap, but most are reading copies or
without dust jackets.  His personal collection is extensive and he does
have some very nice pieces I covet.

John Wolansky