Confession time

JOSEPH HILL GOODBOOKS at webtv.net
Fri Sep 5 01:04:46 EDT 2003

Yes,I know and am sorry about that-
Reason,they can't keep up  a search service as the turnover of stock is
so great, You have here a four floor book store of very high quality
used books in a large university town. I scout them once a week and the
stock changes weekly!!! (How many stores can make such a statement?)
I have scouted Powrll's in Seattle to Foyle's in London and I will take
Moe's over all the book stores  I have visited  in my lifetime. I could
not run my little hobby without Moe's.
COLOR:Moe was always smoking a big cigar in his store yet,no one else
would dare smoke in the store.The city of Berkeley told Moe,"You can't
smoke cigars in your store  Moe."
"It's my store,try and stop me."
This did not come to a head as Moe died.
Shortly after,a very large memorial was held in front of the store.
Also,a book was published,written by members of the staff, remembering
Moe.

SPECIALIZE IN MODERN LIBRARY
FOLIO SOCIETY OF LONDON
EVERYMAN'S  LIBRARY