Who has the 1929 gift set Nana?

j b krygier jbkrygie at owu.edu
Sun Nov 30 08:44:52 EST 2003

Scot Kamins wrote:

> And in spite of evidence to the contrary, I still believe that there's a
> third 1929 gift set out there with special dust jackets.

According to an article by Barry (MLC #41) the 1928 Keratol
set "Three Renaissance Romances" was offered as the 3rd gift
set in 1929, without the special bindings and dust jackets.

Unlike the other two 1929 sets (and the 1928 set) the books
cannot be distinguished from other ML bindings/DJs at the
time, so you would have to have them tucked in a box to know
they were part of the box set.

MLC #41 reproduces an advert for the 1929 box sets, (also in
MLC #19, #17).

Also in MLC#41 is a listing of the ten (!) 1926 box sets, which
did not have unique bindings/DJs but had 5 books in each set.

Get thee to the MLC!

jk