New Dogeared Article: 1928 & 1929 Gift Sets

DCHOCK7 at aol.com DCHOCK7 at aol.com
Sat Nov 29 14:50:26 EST 2003

I sold a boxed set that was in nice shape about 10-12 years ago (before ebay)
for some ridiculously low price- maybe $30-$40. Not one of my better moves.
My  estimate for a price today- $300-500.
Pete

<< The boxes are almost unknown. Barry reported seeing a crumbling box
 on a trip he took within the last couple of years (memory fades -
 mine, not his); I think he said that was the first set he had seen.
 One was displayed at the Modern Library conference in Burbank in late
 1999; that was the only box I've ever seen.

 Individual volumes will pop up more frequently than sets, of course,
 but they're quite scarce especially in jacket.

 I think putting a price on them is quite difficult. Maybe Pete
 Chocheles will take a stab at this one!

 --
 Scot Kamins >>