New Dogeared Article: 1928 & 1929 Gift Sets

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Sat Nov 29 12:55:40 EST 2003

At 12:47 PM -0500 11/29/03, j b krygier wrote:

>a gift set box with three titles (no djs) sold on eBay a few months back;
>cannot recall who bought it!  did these boxes have anything printed on
>them, or are they just plain old boxes?

I found Barry's comments on this (but without the date):
"Just got back from a short research trip to New York, where I saw a 1928
gift box Three Great Renaissance Romances in a crumbling but original
slipcase.  The slipcase is covered in colored paper that echos the
diamond-shaped pattern of the Keratol bindings.  Labels on the front and
back panels of the slipcase are titled THREE GREAT RENAISSANCE ROMANCES and
list all three volumes.  (The author of THE ROMANCE OF LEOARDO DA VINCI is
misspelled "Merejkowsky" on the labels.)"

--
Scot Kamins, ABR
Specializing in Brokerage Services for Home Buyers