When did "Counterfeiters" get The Journal?

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Tue Nov 25 21:03:54 EST 2003

At 7:10 PM -0500 11/24/03, Michael Stutz wrote:

>I've got a copy of #327 with the journal. The jacket's blank (no ML
>list on back), and the last copyright in the book is 1955. Does that
>make it a 1955 copy

No. That's just the copyright date.

>  or is there some more definitive way to tell?

Yes.
1) Find out the approximate period of the jacket and the binding by
comparing them to the examples in the Toledano Price Guide. This will
give you a range of dates.

2) Using that range and the catalog at the back of the book, check
against the dating key:
http://www.dogeared.com/Identifiers/DatingKey.html

3) If you have trouble with any of this, write to me directly
(kamins at dogeared.com)

The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in
their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms or other types of
arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection
of taxes and dues, and tends to permit uprising.

                        Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Shogun of Japan, August 29, 1558