Hard to spot MLs

jpete9530 at msn.com jpete9530 at msn.com
Mon Nov 24 21:34:26 EST 2003

All the discussion about special bindings made me remember a question I had.  I was rooting around a bookstore, looking for MLs I didn't have, and didn't find much.  Then I glanced at a book that was the right size for a Giant, but there was no torchbearer and no modern library on the spine, but there was the number, G66 (3 Murder Novels), which made me pull it out and look.  It's the only ML, either reg or giant, I have from the 40's-70's without either 'Modern Library' or ML logo on the spine (most have both).  Are there others w/o either?  If so, I need to slow down as I scan the shelves.

John Peterson
Fort Wayne, IN