"Ho,ho.it's a pirates life for me"

Scot Kamins kamins at dogeared.com
Mon Nov 24 14:49:54 EST 2003

Joe,

What are the charactersitics of your pirated editions?

I've got a Steppenwolf, as follows:

*8.25" X 5.5"

* Tan cloth-covered boards, blank but for "HESSE - STEPPENWOLF" (all
caps) on spine in silver

*1966 "l" style DJ with everything on the back below "The Modern
Library" gone (Guide P. 166)

*Blank endpapers except for red Chinese chop on recto

*Blue imprinted block (looks like an imprint from an ink stamp pad of
Chinese text on copyright page below ML copyright info

* Lousy paper with blotchy printing

--
Scot Kamins, ABR
Specializing in Brokerage Services for Home Buyers